While many restaurants will be closed for Thanksgiving, others will be offering special prix-fixe dinners and buffets. Many restaurants were already booked for the day or close to filling up at press time, so call ahead to secure a reservation.
• Alan’s of Boscawen (133 N. Main St., Boscawen, 752-6631, alansofboscawen.com) seating from noon to 6 p.m. with the choice of a traditional dinner (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, peas & onions, butternut squash, rolls, soup or salad, cranberry sauce and choice of dessert) or Grand Thanksgiving Buffet (includes appetizers like fresh fruit, cheeses, crackers, vegetable crudité, peel-and-eat shrimp, turkey orzo, creamy pumpkin soup, garden and pasta salad, with sides like mashed potatoes, yams, peas & onions, butternut squash, rolls, and main dishes including pasta primavera, baked stuffed haddock, turkey and stuffing, prime rib, ham and desserts), which costs $21.99 for adults, $18.99 for seniors, and half off the adult price for children under 10. Reservations are highly recommended.
• Alpine Grove (19 S. Depot Road, Hollis, 882-9051, alpinegrove.com) reservations can be made for seating times at noon, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Dinner includes salad, breads, rolls, New England fish chowder, turkey with cornbread stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, oven roasted ham with raisin sauce, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, roasted root vegetables, macaroni and cheese and assorted pies and holiday desserts. Dinner costs $20 for adults, $10 for kids ages 12 and under; no charge for children ages 4 and under. Reservations required.
• Airport Diner (2280 Brown Ave., Manchester, 623-5040, thecman.com) is open for breakfast until noon.
• Bedford Village Inn (2 Olde Bedford Way, Bedford, 472-2001, bedfordvillageinn.com) will be serving a four-course prix-fixe menu with seating times from noon to 6 p.m. Dinner costs $65 for adults, $29.95 for children ages 10 and under (prices do not include tax and gratuity), and include options for appetizers like New England clam chowder, pumpkin cavatelli, autumn mushroom turnover, pomegranate glazed quail, salads, turkey dinner entree prepared with mashed Yukon gold potatoes, garlic spinach, sausage stuffing and maple spiked butternut squash; bronzed sea scallops; Atlantic salmon; autumn spiced roman gnocchi; prosciutto-wrapped pheasant breast, and desserts include pumpkin toffee bread pudding, apple crisp cheesecake, and chocolate pecan pie. All prix-fixe options are listed online at bedfordvillageinn.com. Reservations are required.
• Belmont Hall & Restaurant (718 Grove St., Manchester, 625-8540, belmonthall.net) will be serving a buffet in the function hall for parties of five or more for $14.99. Reservations are recommended for buffet seating. Seating in the dining room for turkey dinner (cost $13.99 for adults, $10.99 for kids ages 10 and under) is available on a first come, first served basis.
• The Chateau (201 Hanover St., Manchester, 627-2677, chateaunh.com) will be offering its Thanksgiving buffet from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with tossed green salad, turkey and trimmings, baked ham, Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes, winter squash, dessert bar, coffee and tea. The buffet dinner costs $16.95 for adults, $9.95 for children under age 9. Reservations are strongly recommended.
• Chez Vachon (136 Kelley St., Manchester, 625-9660, chezvachon.com) will be serving Thanksgiving dinner for one seating at 12:30 p.m. by reservation only. The Thanksgiving Feast includes turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, dessert and a drink ($11.99 for adults, $5.99 for children ages 2 to 6).
• Colby Hill Inn (33 The Oaks, Henniker, 428-3281, colbyhillinn.com) Thanksgiving prix-fixe dinner will be served from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. and includes appetizers like butternut leek soup, shrimp wrapped in bacon with maple glaze, crab cakes, apple walnut salad, and duck confit egg roll, entrees like a roast turkey dinner with all the fixings, grilled salmon fillet, roasted pork loin, and stuffed acorn squash. Dessert includes a choice of pumpkin pie, pecan bourbon pie, chocolate cake (or flourless chocolate cake) and apple crisp. Dinner costs $49 ($19.95 for children under age 12). Colby Hill Inn is also offering a Thanksgiving lodging and dinner package that includes three nights (Wednesday through Friday, or Thursday through Saturday), complimentary Thanksgiving dinner for two, and a coupon book for Tanger Outlets for Black Friday shopping.
• Country Spirit Restaurant & Tavern (262 Maple St., Henniker, 428-7007, countryspirithenniker.com) will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and serving from its special Thanksgiving menu, which includes appetizers like escargot, Cajun popcorn shrimp, jumbo shrimp cocktail, clams and oysters in a half-shell, as well as dinner entrees like roast turkey ($20.95), prime rib (queen cut costs $24.95, king cut costs $27.95), New Hampshire applewood smoked country ham ($20.95), vegetarian lasagna ($19) and grilled salmon filet. Desserts include apple, pumpkin and pecan pies, and all dinners include family-style garden salad, bread, vegetables and sides. Reservations are strongly recommended.
• Country Tavern (452 Amherst St., Nashua, 889-5871, countrytavern.org) will be serving from its Thanksgiving menu with seatings every 15 minutes from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The menu includes starters, soup and salad (prices vary), and entree choices like prime rib, filet mignon, peppercorn salmon, seafood sampler, butternut squash ravioli, roasted wild mushroom ravioli and meatloaf (all cost $24.95), and turkey dinner costs $22.95. Desserts include apple crisp, ice cream ball, brownie sundae, pumpkin pie, pecan pie and limoncello cake (prices vary). Reservations are required.
• The Derryfield (625 Mammoth Road, Manchester, 623-2880, thederryfield.com) is currently accepting reservations for its family-style Thanksgiving turkey dinner (cost $23.95 for a minimum of four people), which includes a full turkey, potatoes, stuffing, gravy, butternut squash, seasonal vegetables, salad, dinner rolls and coffee or tea. Seatings are on the hour from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Plated turkey dinners cost $20.95 for adults, $19.95 for seniors, and $17.95 for children under age 12 (for an all-white-meat dinner, add an additional $2). Reservations are strongly recommended.
• Drumlins Restaurant (161 Gorham Pond Road, Goffstown, 497-8633, golfstonebridgecc.com) is accepting reservations from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for its buffet, which includes Granite State Salad (with sugared walnuts, dried cranberries, aged cheddar cheese and apple cider vinaigrette), Caesar salad, butternut bisque, assorted breads and dinner rolls, roast turkey with pan gravy, traditional stuffing, butter mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, roasted root vegetables, Brussels sprouts, baked macaroni and cheese, fresh cranberry sauce, seafood Newburg, chicken tenders and fries, sliced mustard glazed pork loin with wild mushroom sauce and assorted desserts. The buffet dinner costs $24.99 for adults, $20.99 for seniors and $12.99 for children (ages 10 and under). Reservations required.
• Fratello’s (155 Dow St., Manchester, 641-6776, fratellos.com) has a seating at noon and a second seating at 3 p.m. for its Thanksgiving buffet (cost $24.95 for adults, $13.95 for children ages 4 to 12, complimentary for children ages 3 and younger). The buffet includes a carving station with turkey and sage pan gravy and prime rib of beef with a rosemary demi glaze, as well as salads, Atlantic salmon, garden vegetable lasagna, rice pilaf, mashed Yukon gold potatoes, candied butternut squash, pearl onions and peas, and pies, cakes, tortes. Reservations are required.
• Foster’s Boiler Room (231 Main St., Plymouth, 536-2764, thecman.com) is taking reservations for its buffet, with seatings from 11:30 to 4 p.m.
• Granite Restaurant & Bar (96 Pleasant St., Concord, 227-9000, graniterestaurant.com) will have buffet seating times at noon and 2 p.m. Menu includes appetizers and starters like artisanal cheeses, butternut squash bisque and local apple, walnut and baby green salad; carving station with turkey and herbed gravy with cranberry jam and roasted pork loin with maple glaze; sides like wild mushroom and herb stuffing, butter glazed carrots and green beans, roasted root vegetables with local apples, herbs and dried cranberries, spice mashed butternut squash, roasted garlic and sour cream mashed potatoes, cavatappi pasta with spinach, roasted peppers and pumpkin sage cream, with assorted seasonal desserts. Buffet costs $29.95 for adults, $26.95 for seniors (age 55 and older), $16.95 for children (under age 12) free for children under 4. Call 227-9000, ext. 602 to make a reservation.
• Hart’s Turkey Farm (233 Daniel Webster Hwy., Meredith, 279-6212, hartsturkeyfarm.com) will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and serving from its regular menu (with the exception of sandwiches and salads, which will not be available). Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
• The Homestead Restaurant (641 Daniel Webster Hwy., Merrimack, 429-2022, homesteadnh.com) will be offering three seatings for Thanksgiving dinner at noon, 2:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. The prix-fixe dinner costs $25 with entree choices like roast turkey dinner, baked Virginia ham, roast prime rib of beef, baked stuffed haddock, veal oscar, roast leg of lamb, seafood fettuccine and vegetarian ravioli. All entrees include turkey soup, apple cider, mixed nuts, fruit basket, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, butternut squash, green peas, rolls, sweet bread and homemade pie for dessert. Children’s prix-fixe dinner costs $15, with a choice of ham, turkey, prime rib, bowtie alfredo and chicken fingers. Reservations are required.
• JD’s Tavern (700 Elm St., Manchester, 625-1000, jdstavern.com) will be open during its regular hours on Thanksgiving, from 11 a.m to midnight.
• Lakehouse (281 Daniel Webster Hwy., Meredith, 279-5221, thecman.com) is taking reservations for its buffet, with seatings from 11:30 to 5 p.m.
• Mile Away Restaurant (52 Federal Hill Road, Milford, 673-3904, mileawayrestaurant.com) is taking reservations for seatings every two hours from noon to 7 p.m. The Thanksgiving prix-fixe dinner costs $27.95 and includes one appetizer, salad, entree and dessert, with options like roast turkey dinner (with mashed potatoes, butternut squash, medley of peas, pearl onions and mushrooms, cranberry sauce and traditional stuffing), choice prime rib, wienerschnitzel, veal or chicken marsala, Vegetarian Chaos (eggplant parmesan, butternut squash and pumpkin ravioli sauteed with brown butter and sage, baked tomato stuffed with quinoa, corn, bell peppers and jack cheese), baked stuffed jumbo shrimp, maple glazed salmon and boiled scrod. Children’s dinners cost $17.95. Reservations required.
• The Red Arrow Diner (61 Lowell St., Manchester, 626-1118, redarrowdiner.com) will be open and serving Thanksgiving specials.
• The Red Blazer (72 Manchester St., Concord, 224-4101, theredblazer.com) will be serving a Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with options like turkey and gravy, pork roast carving station, baked crab-stuffed sole, pumpkin ravioli with apple cider cream sauce, salad bar, rolls, butternut squash, baked yams, green bean casserole, apple and cranberry stuffing, peas and carrots, mashed potatoes and a dessert buffet. The buffet dinner costs $25.99 for adults, $15.99 for children ages 4 to 10, and is free for children ages 3 and younger. Reservations are strongly encouraged.
• Speaker’s Corner Restaurant at Crowne Plaza Hotel (2 Somerset Parkway, Nashua, 886-1200, speakerscornerbistro.com) will be serving a Thanksgiving buffet from noon to 4 p.m., including starters, tapas (like curry chicken phyllo, pastrami smoked salmon, chorizo kabob and toasted hummus bites), entrees like slow roasted turkey, herb-crusted top round, pecan freckled haddock Florentine, chicken pomodoro and harvest squash ravioli, as well as desserts, including pumpkin pie, bourbon pecan pie, chocolate mousse torte, strawberry rhubarb pie, flavored cheesecakes and peaches & cream bread pudding. The buffet dinner costs $27.95 for adults, $22.95 for seniors, $12.95 for children ages 5 to 10, and is complimentary for children age 4 and younger (does not include tax and gratuity). Reservations are required.
• Restaurant Tek-Nique (170 Route 101, Bedford, 488-5629, restaurantteknique.com) will offer a three-course Thanksgiving menu from noon to 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. The prix fixe dinner costs $52 (plus tax and gratuity). Reservations are required.
• Tilt’n Diner (61 Laconia Road, Tilton, 286-2204, thecman.com) is open for breakfast until noon on Thanksgiving Day. The diner re-opens at 4 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 28, with a Black Friday buffet, served until 10 a.m. (buffet costs $10.99).
• The Yard (1211 S. Mammoth Road, Manchester, 623-3545, theyardrestaurant.com) will be open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is accepting reservations for seatings on the hour (parties with seven guests or more can make reservations for seatings at 11 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.). The Thanksgiving buffet dinner ($22.95 for adults, $11.95 for kids ages 10 and under) includes roast turkey, roast beef and baked ham at the carving station, stuffing, mashed potatoes, rice pilaf, carrots, butternut squash, yams, pearl onions with sweet peas, salad, fresh sliced fruit, gourmet breads, hot apple cider and an assortment of desserts. Reservations required.
Know of a restaurant offering Thanksgiving meals or special seatings for Hanukkah, Christmas or New Year’s? Let us know at email@example.com.
As seen in the November 20, 2014 issue of the Hippo.