You can really work up an appetite decorating the Christmas tree, wrapping gifts and taking in a showing of the Nutcracker. Give yourself more time to enjoy the holiday season, and give your oven a break, by ordering a feast from a local eatery. Order early to ensure that you can deck your table with prime rib, mashed potatoes and pecan pie.
• The Alpine Grove, 19 S. Depot St., Hollis, 882-9051, alpinegrove.com, is offering three different feasts to go, each one feeding up to 16 guests. Customers may choose from a prime rib dinner served with mashed potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, rolls, butter and a cheesecake for $199.99, a ham dinner with all of the same sides for $159.99 and a turkey dinner, which includes all sides plus an order of stuffing, for $149.99. Orders will be taken until noon on Tuesday, Dec. 20, and must be picked up between 10 a.m. and noon on Saturday, Dec. 24.
• Belmont Hall & Restaurant, 718 Grove St., Manchester, 625-8540, belmonthall.net. Among Belmont Hall’s appetizer offerings are stuffed mushroom caps, shrimp cocktail, scallops wrapped in bacon and mini steak kabobs. Also available are buckets of chicken tenders, $45 for a bucket to feed up to 12 people and $75 to feed up to 150. For dessert, the restaurant offers a variety of pies including pork, minced meat, chocolate cream, lemon meringue, blueberry apple and pumpkin. Orders must be in by Friday, Dec. 23, and picked up by 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 24.
• Holiday sweets are also abundant at The Black Forest Café, 212 Route 101, Amherst, 672-0500, theblackforestcafe.com. The café’s holiday menu features apple, cranberry apple and pecan pies, a chocolate caramel walnut tart, cranberry walnut crostata, chocolate mousse cake, mocha chocolate layer cake, coconut and carrot cakes, chocolate mint and white chocolate Frangelico tortes, coffee cakes, and a holiday cookie collection, which can be ordered by the dozen or in three sizes of holiday cookie baskets. The café also offers “U-BAK-EM” pecan sticky buns, a pan of nine ready-to-bake buns complete with baking instructions. Orders must be in by Tuesday, Dec. 20, and picked up by Saturday, Dec. 24, at 5 p.m.
• Bull Run Beef & Specialty Shoppe, 1100 Hooksett Road, Hooksett, 669-0891, are offering prime rib, penthouse roast (a New York sirloin cut) and a tenderloin roast cut to order for the holidays. Pies from A Slice of Heaven bakery will also be available. Orders must be in by Wednesday, Dec. 21, and picked up by 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 24.
• Whole roasted 10- to 36-pound turkeys with stuffing and gravy are available at Hart’s Turkey Farm, 233 DW Highway, Meredith, 279-6212, hartsturkeyfarm.com. Customers may opt to order pints and quarts of cranberry sauce, whipped potatoes, squash, beans, beets, carrot relish chutney and extra gravy and stuffing. Cornbread, rolls, apple, blueberry, chocolate chip, chocolate cream, mince meat, pecan, pumpkin, raspberry cream and squash pies, cheesecake, blueberry, cranberry walnut and orange sweet breads will also be available. A limited number of turkey orders will be taken by Wednesday, Dec. 21, and all orders must be picked up by 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 24.
• Jerome’s Deli, 393 Bridge St., Manchester, 623-5388, is offering you-bake breakfast items for the holidays. Customers will have their choice of “Breakfast in Bread” (a sourdough round loaf baked with egg and cheese and a choice of ham, bacon or sausage), baked praline french toast and sticky buns. Orders must be in by Tuesday, Dec. 22, and picked up by 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 24.
• A variety of roasts including prime rib, top sirloin, boneless and bone-in ribeyes, tenderloin and pork roast are available for the holidays at The Meat House, 920 Central Avenue, Dover, 834-6328; 16 Sheep Davis Road, Pembroke, 227-5261; 75 Portsmouth Ave., Exeter, 418-6557; 2222 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, 422-6328, themeathouse.com. The Meat House will also offer ham, Christmas geese and plenty of side dishes including macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and vegetables. Pies and fresh baked goods are also available. Most orders need to be in by Saturday, Dec. 17, and picked up between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 24. (Some orders may be placed the morning of Saturday, Dec. 24; call for details.)
• In addition to its regular bakery items, Michelle’s Gourmet Pastries & Deli, 819 Union St., Manchester, 647-7150, michellespastries.com, will offer yule logs, tortes, red velvet cupcakes, gingerbread men, cranberry loaves and cookie platters for the holidays. Orders must be in by Monday, Dec. 19, and picked up on Friday, Dec. 23, by 5:30 p.m. or Saturday, Dec. 24, by 2 p.m. Baked goods for walk-in customers will be available on a first come, first served basis.
• Queen City Cupcakes, 790 Elm St., Manchester, 624-4999, qccupcakes.com, will offer eight to 10 varieties of cupcakes for order by Friday, Dec. 23. Orders must be picked up by 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 24.
• Red Arrow Diner, 61 Lowell St., Manchester, 626-1118, and 63 Union Square, Milford, 249-9222, www.redarrowdiner.com, will offer a wide variety of pies for the holiday including pork, salmon, chocolate, coconut and banana cream, custard, pumpkin cream, brownie cream, death by chocolate, apple, strawberry rhubarb, chocolate peanut butter, blueberry, pecan, cherry, chocolate coconut cream, lemon meringue, Boston cream and raspberry. Orders must be placed by Friday, Dec. 23. Pies will also be available for purchase on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
• The Red Blazer, 72 Manchester St., Concord, 224-4101, theredblazer.com, is serving custom pies and cheesecakes in addition to traditional favorites including pumpkin, apple, blueberry, cherry, lemon meringue, chocolate and coconut cream pies. Assorted cookie platters and bite-sized cheesecakes and carrot cakes are also available. Orders must be in by Sunday, Dec. 18, and picked up by 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 23.
• Seed to Stalk, 6 Bedford Farms Drive, Bedford, 645-8300, seedtostalknh.com, is offering a variety of appetizer and sandwich platters, quiches, dips and breads for the holidays including Herb Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates, Beef or Smoked Salmon Carpaccio, Ground Lamb Meatballs and Vegan Tofu Salad. Orders must be in by Friday, Dec. 23, at 2 p.m. and picked up by 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 24.
• Meat is on the holiday menu at Shellie’s Neighborhood Butcher Shop, 38 Crystal Ave., Derry, 505-4558, pauliesbutcher.com. The shop is taking orders for baked ham ($129.95), turkey ($149.95) and boneless and bone-in prime rib roast cut and tied ($189.95) dinners with a variety of side dishes. Orders will also be taken for crown roasts, stuffed pork roasts, ham, turkey, pies and Mediterranean dishes such as stuffed peppers, stuffed cabbage and Spanakopita. Orders must be placed by Sunday, Dec. 18, and picked up by Saturday, Dec. 24, at 6 p.m.
• You can order spiral ham and turkey dinners for the holidays at Twelve Pine Restaurant & Gourmet Marketplace, 11 School St., Peterborough, 924-6140, twelvepine.com. The restaurant will also offer a variety of side dishes including stuffing, mashed and sweet potatoes and Christmas yule logs for dessert. Orders must be in by Sunday, Dec. 18, and picked up Saturday, Dec. 24, at 4 p.m.
• Homemade apple, blueberry, pumpkin, chocolate cream, pecan pies are available for the holidays at Washington Street Catering & Café, 88 Washington St., Concord, 228-2000, washingtonstreetcatering.com, in addition to the café’s regular catering menu. All orders must be in by Tuesday, Dec. 20, and picked up by noon on Saturday, Dec. 24.
Know of a place offering a feast to go that isn’t mentioned here? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org for possible inclusion in a future Weekly Dish.