Not all restaurants close their doors on Christmas. The mall’s open on Christmas Eve, and so are these restaurants. Some are closing a little earlier, and some are staying open just as late. Check out these special menus and Christmas Day feasts.
Christmas Eve dinners
• Bedford Village Inn (2 Olde Bedford Way, Bedford, 472-2001, bedfordvillageinn.com) will be serving a four-course prix fixe dinner on Christmas Eve. Seatings are from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Dinner costs $75 for adults, $29.95 for children ages 10 and under (plus tax and gratuity), and includes entree choices like Christmas turkey, grilled Dubreton pork chops, rib-eye steak, salmon, halibut, duck breast, followed by a dessert buffet in the Great Hall. Reservations required.
• Copper Door (15 Leavy Dr., Bedford, 488-2677, copperdoorrestaurant.com) is open from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. with Christmas Eve specials including caramelized scallops with butternut squash and pumpkin ravioli, arugula, pecan butter sauce and shaved parmesan ($27), pan-roasted duck with mushroom risotto, roasted cipollini onions, baby spinach and cherry gastrique ($26) and pinot noir braised short rib with duck fat roasted fingerling potatoes, charred baby carrots, espresso onion straws and a demi glaze ($29). Reservations recommended.
• Epoch Restaurant & Bar at The Exeter Inn (2 Pine St., Exeter, 778-3762, epochrestaurant.com) will be serving dinner on Christmas Eve from 4 to 8 p.m. The menu includes appetizers like short rib ravioli with Taleggio cheese, Broccolini and bone marrow butter, lobster citrus salad, Hudson Valley foie gras duo and braised oxtail vol au vant and entrée choices like rack of lamb, winter bouillabaisse, grilled swordfish and tea smoked duck breast. Dessert includes eggnog panna cotta with cinnamon spiced crème Anglaise, blueberries and white chocolate stix, chocolate torte and spiced ginger bread pudding with whisky caramel sauce. Reservations required.
• Giorgio’s Ristorante & Bar (524 Nashua St., Milford, 673-3939, giorgios.com) is serving a Christmas Eve Feast buffet in its Milford location. Reservations are required, and can be placed between 5 and 8 p.m. The buffet costs $29.99 for adults, $9.99 for kids under 12, free for kids under 4.
• Granite Restaurant & Bar (96 Pleasant St., Concord, 227-9000, graniterestaurant.com) serving specials in addition to its regular dinner menu on Christmas Eve from 5 to 9 p.m. Specials include roasted quail with chestnuts and dried fruit, bread pudding, veal osso bucco, roasted halibut and a poached pear salad.
• Zampa (8 Exeter Road, Epping, 679-8772, zampa.com) is serving a Holiday Classic Dinner on Christmas Eve, from 5 to 9 p.m. The special holiday menu includes oysters Rockefeller, roasted rack of lamb, lobster scallop Newberg, shrimp cocktail and prime rib. Reservations required.
Other restaurants open for Christmas Eve with regular menus:
• The Airport Diner (2280 Brown Ave., Manchester, 623-5040, thecman.com) open from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Alan’s of Boscawen (133 N. Main St., Boscawen, 753-6631, alansofboscawen.com) serving from its regular menu until 8 p.m.
• Belmont Hall & Restaurant (718 Grove St., Manchester, 625-8540, belmonthall.net) serving from its regular menu from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The Black Forest Café (212 Route 101, Amherst, 672-0500, theblackforestcafe.com) open for seating in the dining room until 4 p.m.
• Buckley’s Great Steaks (438 Daniel Webster Hwy., Merrimack, 424-0995, buckleysgreatsteaks.com) serving dinner from its regular menu in the dining room by reservation only, and on a “first come, first serve” basis in the tavern from 4 to 8 p.m.
• Chez Vachon (136 Kelley St., Manchester, 625-9660, chezvachon.com) open during its regular hours from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Common Man Restaurants (25 Water St., Concord, and 304 Daniel Webster Hwy., Merrimack, 228-3463, thecman.com) open for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Country Tavern (452 Amherst St., Nashua, 889-5871, countrytavern.org) open for seatings. Reservations can be made up through 7 p.m.
• Cucina Toscana (427 Amherst St., Nashua, 821-7356, cucinatoscananashua.com) closes at 10 p.m.
• Firefly American Bistro & Bar (22 Concord St., Manchester, 935-9740, fireflynh.com) closes at 4 p.m.
• Fratello’s Italian Grille (155 Dow St., Manchester, 624-2022, fratellos.com) serving from its regular menu on Christmas Eve until 8 p.m.
• Hanover Street Chophouse (149 Hanover St., Manchester, 644-2467, hanoverstreetchophouse.com) serving from its regular menu with specials from noon to 6 p.m. Reservations required.
• Harold Square (226 Rockingham Road, Londonderry, 432-7144, harold-square.com) open regular hours on until 3 p.m., with catering pick-up until 5 p.m.
• The Homestead Restaurant (641 Daniel Webster Hwy., Merrimack, 429-2022, homesteadnh.com) open until 8 p.m.
• Lakehouse Grille (281 Daniel Webster Hwy., Meredith, 279-5221, thecman.com) open from 11:30 to 3 p.m. for lunch, and from 5 to 9 p.m. for dinner.
• Mint Bistro (1105 Elm St., Manchester, 625-6468, mintbistronh.com) serving from its regular menu and opening for dinner at 4 p.m. No reservations after 8 p.m.
• MT’s Local Kitchen & Wine Bar (212 Main St., Nashua, 595-9334, mtslocal.com) serving lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., and dinner from 4 and 8 p.m.
• O Steaks and Seafood (11 S. Main St., Concord, 856-7925, magicfoodsrestaurantgroup.com) serving from its regular menu. Last seating is at 8 p.m.
• Old Europe (76 N. Main St., Concord, 856-7181, oldeuropenh.com) serving from its regular menu. Lunch starts at 11:30 a.m., and dinner hours will end earlier than regular hours. Call ahead.
• Piccola Italia (815 Elm St., Manchester, 606-5100, piccolaitalianh.com) serving dinner from its regular menu from 4 to 10 p.m.
• Red Blazer (72 Manchester St., Concord, 224-4101, theredblazer.com) serving from its regular menu for lunch, and a limited menu for dinner until 8 p.m.
• Red Sauce Ristorante (33 S. Commercial St., Manchester, 232-3487, redsauceristorante.com) serving from its regular menu and closing at 8 p.m.
• Republic Cafe (1069 Elm St., Manchester, 666-3723, republiccafe.com) serving from its regular menu until 4 p.m.
• Restaurant Tek-Nique (170 Route 101, Bedford, 488-5629, restaurantteknique.com) serving from its regular menu and open regular hours from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• River Road Tavern (193 S. River Road, Bedford, 206-5837, riverroadtavern.com) open on Christmas Eve.
• Surf (207 Main St., Nashua, 595-9293, surfseafood.com) reservations taken up until 7 p.m., and seating will be up until 8 p.m. The restaurant will be serving from its regular menu.
• Tilt’n Diner (61 Laconia Road, Tilton, 286-2204, thecman.com) open from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on serving breakfast and lunch.
• Tuscan Kitchen (67 Main St., Salem, 952-4875, tuscanbrands.com) serving from its regular menu until 8 p.m.
• Villa Banca (194 Main St., Nashua, 598-0500, villabanca.com) serving from its traditional dinner menu with holiday specials during regular hours, until 9 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
• The Yard (1211 S. Mammoth Road, Manchester, 623-3545, theyardrestaurant.com) open from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Feasting on Christmas Day
• Lakehouse Grille (281 Daniel Webster Hwy., Meredith, 279-5221, thecman.com) Serving a Grand Christmas Feast on Christmas Day. The menu includes starters like corn and lobster chowder with tarragon cream, mixed green salad with pears, blue cheese, walnuts and Champagne vinaigrette. Entrées include apple roasted chicken breast with sweet onion pumpkin seed relish, herb-seared salmon with lemon butter sauce, herb-crusted and slow-roasted sirloin from the carver with roasted garlic au jus and horseradish cream, plus assorted cakes for dessert. The Christmas Feast costs $34.95 for adults and $15.95 for children ages 12 and under (plus tax and gratuity). Reservations required.
• Red Arrow Diner (61 Lowell St., Manchester, 626-1118; 63 Union Square, Milford, 249-9222, redarrowdiner.com) stay open 24 hours a day year round, including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The diner will be serving from its regular menu along with some specials on Christmas Day.
• River Road Tavern (193 S. River Road, Bedford, 206-5837, riverroadtavern.com) will be open on Christmas Day from 4 to 11 p.m. serving Christmas specials.
• Stonehurst Manor (3351 White Mountain Hwy., North Conway, 356-3113, stonehurstmanor.com) Serving dinner from 4 to 8 p.m. The menu includes bacon-wrapped scallops, lobster ravioli, maple-brined turkey, seafood cioppino, lamb with fresh rosemary, cranberry-glazed duckling, veal oscar and sweet potato gnocchi with winter vegetables. There is also a children’s menu for kids ages 12 and under.
• Wentworth by the Sea (588 Wentworth Road, New Castle, 422-7322, wentworth.com) Choose either a Christmas dinner at Salt Kitchen & Bar, from 1 to 10 p.m., with entrees like grilled dry aged beef tenderloin served with potato-porcini gratin and truffle snow, or traditioanl Christmas turkey, or cedar planked black bass with passion fruit butter sauce (cost $44.95 for adults, $16.95 for children under 12, excludes tax and gratuity). Or a Festive Christmas Brunch buffet service on Christmas Day, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Wentworth Ballroom (cost $44.95 for adults, $19.95 for children under 12, excludes tax and gratuity). The brunch buffet features a menu with salad buffet, fresh seasonal fruits, imported and domestic cheeses, farm fresh egg and omelet station, breakfast pastries, stuffed French toast with Vermont maple syrup, Italian antipasto, carving station and more. Reservations recommended.
As seen in the December 19th, 2013 issue of The Hippo